Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Piece of Crap Car

Trying to maintain my happy pants attitude despite some setbacks. My beautiful 1996 Olds Cutlass decided to quit on me. Alternator? Who the hell knows. Stranded for 3 hours in a gas station, freezing my ass off waiting for a tow truck, is not a good way to spend the day. I was just running out for smokes so I didn't even grab my phone or iPod. The wait would have been more fun with some Plants vs. Zombies or some tunes. Regardless, my ride is safely with "my guy". I sure enjoy helping him pay for his boat. I hope his boat mechanic rakes him over the coals, so he knows what it feels like.
 I also have been looking for a day job, with no luck. The art is going so good, but I need to subsidise. It sure is a different scene than trying to get a gig a few years ago. Any other time in my history, my job search went like this. Friend: Hey dude, you want a job at my company? Me: Okay. Is there a drug test?
Not to worry, everything always falls into place.
 The art I'm doing these days is truly kicking ass! I was suppose to make an appearance at a show in Milwaukee last week but 5 inches of snow kept me home. Ended up okay because I was really able to get in some serious studio time. I've been focusing on Illustrations for a few days now and the disciplines I've obtained from my large scale pieces I did last year, are really carrying over. I didn't realize it, but I was learning just like the Karate Kid. I was repeating the same moves over and over and over until I just knew how to do it without even thinking. I didn't even need to wax a car or paint a deck. Cool. Look for new examples of this on my fanpage this week http://www.facebook.com/pages/JAG-III/121818188748 . I've  I'm hoping to announce a N/W Indiana gallery show soon.
Please check out my newly updated,again, JAG III store on Zazzle http://www.zazzle.com/jagiii. I added some really cool new products, including neck ties and phone cases. I really want some pics of someone in their cube or at a fancy wedding in one of my crazy looking ties.
Talk to y'all next week.  Peace and bacon grease.

2 comments: