Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Big Brother?

Hey Hey! Tuesday! Swiftly becoming my favorite day of the week. I'm starting to really enjoy sitting down in my leather recliner and chicken peckin' my thoughts down. This is something you couldn't have paid me to do a couple years ago. Funny how things work out.
So, I recieved a lot of emails and messages concerned about my well being. Well don't fret. My ride is fixed (altinator), and I'm well on my way to finding a high paying, cushy dayjob. I guess when you don't complain a whole lot, people worry about you when you do. Thank for your concern friends. I am better and cooler than ever!
I have had the opportunity to catch some television lately. I usually don't admit to watching TV. Mostly because I only watch cartoons. Let me tell you, todays animated programs are flippin' awesome. If you never checked out "Adventure Time" or  "Regular Show", you are missing out. I don't even know if they are for kids, but they are awesome.
I also managed to catch a couple of commercials that really disturbed me. The main offender is Progressive insurance. Granted, I have the hots for the ditsy, bright red lipstick wearing, "regular" looking girl spokes woman they use.I'm sure a lot of you have the hots for the cool, rugged, gas tank filling dude they use. This a side, just what the hell is going on here! Do you mean to tell me people are volunteering to let their insurance company put a monitoring device in their car to save a couple bucks. This device, as I understand it, monitors just about your every maneuver and has GPS (which they deny, but c'mon). Sounds like Big Brother Bullshit to me. Am I over reacting? I don't think so. She is hot though.
 Well luckily, I don't have to embrace that crap, I can go down to my studio and create, which really helps level me out. I finished a couple pieces this week and have several more on the cusp. I will be showing a couple of these in beautiful Whiting Indiana on March 2nd, at a sweet little joint called Gallery 659 http://www.facebook.com/groups/136494383028590/ . Hope you can make it. In the interim, don't forget you can pick up cool JAGIII merch at my Zazzle store http://www.zazzle.com/jagiii, and don't forget
to follow my progressive, oops, progress, on my fanpage, http://www.facebook.com/pages/JAG-III/121818188748 . Rock on

.

2 comments:

  1. Down with the man! David loves Adventure Time and the Regular Show - a little twisted but I that's why you like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little twisted indeed. Makes me crave hard drugs. I let Grey watch them, though sometimes I see that it hurts his brain. I think it's great for his Imagination. Also big on the list is Gumball. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete