Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Deadly Update

Going to Milwaukee early tomorrow for an art exhibit. I have been to Wisconsin a number of times but I've only been through Milwaukee one time that I remember. The highlight was riding past Jeffery Dahmers apartment and the Ambrosia candy factory where he worked. It's rumored he dropped small pieces of human flesh into chocolate vats. Nice. I kinda have a sick fascination with that whole thing. When I was in rural Wisconsin I drove past Ed Geins (basis for leather face) house, it was leveled but still gave me the creeps. Also, a little closer to home, I've driven by John Wayne Gacys house, it was many years ago and they were excavating again. I also go out of my way to drive by the apartments where Richard Spec killed those nurses in Chicago. Those apartments are now section 8 and I'm pretty sure that the people living there have no idea what happened in their bedroom, until they are up late one night watching TV and Bill Curtis tells them. Oh yeah, now that I'm thinking about it, two of my favorite books are Bundy and The Green River Killer. Oh yeah, and I frequent the graves of Bernie Mac (Actor/comedian), Koko Taylor (blues legend), Dinah Washington (singer), Emmet Till (civil right marter) and Gene Krupa(big band drummer), all buried near my house. I just might be fucked up. Who does that? Regardless I think my fascination with the macabre is a healthy one. I also think this is another part of me that ends up in my art work. Another reason my art is so unique, and after 15 years, I still have seen no other work like mine.
This isn't the post I was planning on writing but that's what makes it fun. I got a huge weekend. I hope to see some of you at one my appearances (if I didn't just scare the shit out of you). Details on where I'll be and future shows can always be found at www.jagiii.com . Rock on.

2 comments:

  1. That's quite the tour there, John! .. Interesting bit of info... the town were I'm from and grew up is also the same town were Richard Speck grew up - Monmouth IL. ..I always wondered what house he lived in..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Christina! We should organize a murder tour.

    ReplyDelete